How to optimize Your Google My Business Listing
Google My Business (GMB): increases your business chances of getting a wider audience and enabling your business show up in Google local packs, Google Maps, Organic rankings and Local finder. So, claiming and verifying your Google My Business listing is very important. It is a crucial step in Search Engine Optimization (SEO).Google offers a free listing service which includes basic information such as business name, phone number, address, payment type accepted and business hours. This service is opened to local businesses.
Optimizing the Google My Business listing exceeds just claiming your GMB and tossing the process aside as most business mistakenly do. There are other ways which can be used to optimize your GMB listing and these requires your regular attention. They include:
- Completing all information required by google: To complete your GMB profile, you are required to answer various questions. Answering them gives your listing valuable data which eases the process of finding your business for potential customers. Also, others can complete the information for you using the suggest option if you don’t do it yourself, this can be employed by competitors to change your business listing. This also makes your regular visit to your GMB dashboard essential to avoid unwanted change to your listing. It is best for you to be in control of your business. Content that answers your customer’s basic questions and needs, and this information is shared far and wide.
- Using Google My Business Posts: On Google Maps and knowledge panel of your GMB listing, Google Posts appears which are similar to “mini-ads.” Google Posts can be customized by attaching an image, link to another website or internet page or even a Call to Action (CTA). You can control the content of your post using this feature which corresponds to a blog post, advertisement or announcement. A length of 300 words is allowed. This feature affords you the room to use the platform indirectly creating your contents. You’ve got an endless range of options to post about, and you are free to make your choice.
- Booking button feature: Businesses that carry out transactions with their customers based on making appointments or use integrated scheduling software can now book appointments directly from GMB listings. This booking button feature helps your business excel. Over time as you begin to learn more about your leads, you can personalize your message to meet their specific needs.
- Messaging: Potential customers can send text messages to you with this feature. The messaging feature connects your business with customers. To avoid receiving text messages, you can set up a Google Allo account with the app, and use the number of your business listing. This way, you get notified from the app instead of receiving a text.
- Q&A Feature: This is a new feature. Visitors have been given an opportunity to ask you about your company even before visiting the website. The Q&A section can easily be accessed from any device, enabling them to submit questions or voice concerns about the business. The feature also allows the marking up of useful answers to relevant question by visitors which can also improve your business listing.
- Online Reviews This feature can be found in search under ‘your business’ knowledge panel’ and in Google Maps beside ‘your listings.’ The section impact consumer trust and rankings of search results. There are guidelines laid down by Google on using this feature which must be strictly followed. It is advisable that you respond to any review given, either good or bad as it indicates that you care and appreciate the feedback from customers.
Are you ready to take control of your online presence? Start building your personalized marketing strategy, and start getting seen locally by your prospective customers that are searching for your products and services online. Join our Free Facebook group to get marketing tips and digital marketing strategies. Click here to join our Facebook Group!